Wednesday 14 August 2013

First Mummies Club - A Crafty Evening



Last week saw a first for me and Simple Things - a kind of "make your own..." event.  I was asked to come along to the First Mummies Club in Hemel Hempstead to share a craft with the ladies; the club was recently started by Lisa and offers mums in the area a two hour retreat away from all those lovely jobs us mums get to do at home and gives them a chance to learn new crafts.

I had decided that little stuffed hearts were a good option - they can be made as small keepsakes, door hangers, name tags, little gifts and require very little sewing!


(Pictures courtesy of First Mummies Club)


This is the first time I've stood in front of people and showed them how to make something and truth be told, I learnt a lot!  But everybody went home with a little heart - some with their little ones name, some made from their baby's clothes and one brave lady even cut up her wedding dress!  Her heart did look uber-lovely though!

Unfortunately, I was so busy I completely forgot to take any pictures of the finished hearts!  So, in true Blue Peter style here's one I made earlier....



If you're interested in attending First Mummies Club, take a look at their website or e-mail Lisa at lisa@firstmummiesclub.co.uk  The meetings are held fortnightly and also include tea and cake!
 



No comments: