Tuesday 6 March 2012

New skills

Do you ever compare yourself with others?  Of course you do, we all do it ...right?  How many times do you come off better? 

Recently I've been going along to other markets and checking out other peoples blogs and shops and the inevitable happens...I start to compare all my stuff with those I've seen and start to sink deeper and deeper into a hole of negativity.  I have a bit a habit of this.....I tend to over think things, reach the conclusion that I can't do it, strop around for a bit and then avoid the whole issue by focusing on something else.  I remember doing this with fractions at school, chemistry at university and tonnes of presentations at work.
Mr L gave me some simple advice..."it's just a skill you'll have to learn".   This hadn't actually occurred to me...but he's right.  So I've been working through this really great book to try to improve my photos:


This book is really useful; it has sections on how to improve your specific craft photos and how to better understand your camera.  So, fingers crossed.

Already, I think there's an improvement...


Next up, improving my displays.  Strop over for now.

No comments: