Friday 4 May 2012

Fancy a new business card holder?

Once upon a time, I had a real job which involved travelling up and down the country, meeting with lots of people and handing out my business card.  I hated doing this because I had this awful little blue plastic card holder, the type that comes free with your order - in fact I still have it and (shamefully) still use it. 


Well no longer...I used the same envelope method I posted a tutorial about yesterday (Handy pocket tutorial) and made a couple of business card holders in some funky fabrics - only thing, I don't know which one to choose now!


I used exactly the same method as the handy pocket, with the following exceptions:

- 2 lengths of fabric and interfacing - 10 x 5 inches
- I used a 2/8 inch seam allowance. 
- I also shaped the flap before sewing the exterior and lining fabric together as I thought this looked more "professional".
- I top stitched around all four sides of the card holder.



I'll be dishing out my cards left, right and centre with these lovelies.

3 comments:

The String Empire said...

What a lovely tutorial! I am adding this to my to do list.

Unknown said...

Thank you! It's so simple to make and fits all those loyalty cards that bulk up your purse too! Have fun making it!

Hank hendricks said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.